Join Telenor Microfinance Bank Limited as a Unit Head Data Scienceibtehajahsan@gmail.com
Unlocking the Power of Data: Journey of a Unit Head Data Science at Telenor Microfinance Bank Limited
As the Unit Head Data Science at Telenor Microfinance Bank Limited, you will be leading a team of senior and junior data scientists. Your primary responsibility will be overseeing the development and operations of AI & Data Science projects throughout the organization. This role requires hands-on involvement in creating end-to-end solutions. The position is based in Islamabad.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business and customer lifecycle across all areas, such as branchless, digital lending, branch lending, and different customer segments.
- Utilize the existing Data Warehouse and other data from various source systems, both structured and unstructured, to build a comprehensive 360 view of customers.
- Provide thought leadership on how AI and Data Science can be integrated into different business areas throughout the organization.
- Collaborate with business heads and various departments to deliver advanced analytics, data modeling systems, and valuable insights.
- Create actionable statistical models, including predictive analytics, clustering & segmentation, digital app propensity, churn, product optimization, recommendation engines, and association rule mining.
- Conduct adhoc drill downs, investigative analytics, and profiling exercises using complex SQL queries in daily activities.
- Contribute to the development, assessment, automation, and governance of data science projects for customer understanding and targeted campaigns.
- Work closely with the BI team as a custodian of data science projects, bridging the gap between commercial users and Technology.
- Deliver compelling presentations on the outcomes of data science projects to stakeholders with diverse areas of expertise.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Analytics, Applied Mathematics or Statistics, Engineering, or a related field.
- 8+ years of proven experience in utilizing AI/ML and Data Science to solve complex business problems and develop cutting-edge solutions across the customer journey. At least 2 years of experience managing a team of data scientists.
- Proficient in executing complex queries, extracting, cleansing, and manipulating large, diverse structured, and unstructured data sets using relational (SQL) and NoSQL databases.
- Familiarity with working in an agile environment with iterative development and incorporating business feedback.
- Ability to provide valuable insights to support strategic decisions, including preparing and delivering insights and recommendations.
- 3-4 years of hands-on experience with programming languages like Python, R, SCALA, and proficiency in statistical programming tools such as SAS, SPSS, and MATLAB, as well as data science toolkits like Pandas, Jupyter, SCIKIT, and TensorFlow.
- Communication Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Statistical programming – SAS/SPSS/MATLAB
- Data Science toolkits – Pandas/Jupyter/SCIKIT/Tensorflow
- SQL, NOSQL databases
Join our Facebook Community Page:
Follow this Link to Join Our WhatsApp Community:
Follow Our Twitter Community:
Follow Our Instagram Community Page: